Sunday, October 12, 2014

It's In You

You ever say to yourself IT'S a CONSPIRACY?!? So, there's a song that I have been listening to lately, quite a bit actually. It seems like the songs that are the the rawest, most gripping, in your face, in your Spirit, can't shake songs, are the very songs that have some of the most compelling lyrics. A song you feel motivated by and scared of at times.  On one end, when sang with conviction and heartfelt, you truly believe it, feel it, mean it.  At other times, you feel like...um- not today. Skip. Pass. Not trying to make a liar of myself on that one.

Example: Oceans by Hillsong: Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders, let me walk upon the waters, wherever you would call me.  Take me deeper than my feet could ever wonder, and my faith will be made stronger, in the presence of my Savior.



Example 2 (and the song that has been on repeat the last week or so) is For Your Glory by Tasha Cobbs: I'm desperately waiting to be where you are, I'll cross the hottest desert, travel near or far, for your glory I will do anything, just to see you, to behold you as my king, I wanna be where you are, I gotta be where you are.


Two great songs but present a very necessary spiritual gut check for us as believers.  Now, before I dive into this, let me say it isn't possible. ON the contrary, I am writing this because it is very much possible.  See I for years used to pray, God make me a woman of great faith.  I didn't want to walk as a person of no faith, little faith, or even just plain 'ol woman of faith, but had this earnest desire that God would make me a woman of great faith.  I prayed it blindly knowing that if anyone had the capacity of giving that to me it was God and God alone.  What does that have to do with these songs???


We in the midst of worship often connect with songs, make them personal.  They minister to us where we are and we bond with these songs and sometimes look to walk these things out.  We have good days and some not as good days.  ;)   With Oceans, we connect with the notion of really wanting to give over to our faith and trust in God and have a whatever you say God- I got it, but we have days where it's like God...please don't call on me to do that thing right there, cause I'm not so sure.  We have a Peter moment.  Call me God, I'll come to you and then there are moments when our faith wavers, not God.  The great news, the resolution, the check you can cash at the Bank of God is that He doesn't waver, falter, fail, or change.  He stays the same.  He commands the waves and winds obey him.  He walked on the water and the power that resided in Christ our Lord is the Holy Spirit that leads us and guides us in our walk with God, into his presence, and speaks with us on what God is wanting to do in us and through us in the life he's already paid for.  Let's think of it this way:  Who wants to pay for a limo service to take you to a designated place and then is perfectly okay with the limo driver going only where he wanted when he wanted???  We would want a refund.  I love God for not asking for a refund on my life because there are times when He calls for me to follow Him out on the water, down the road, or to open my mouth, and my posture was sadly, less than compliant, or even times surpassing disobedient and landing right at the doorstep of rebellion.


I love the idea of For Your Glory because it comes with a desperation.  God I will go anywhere, do anything just to see you.  You don't have to give me anything...I JUST GOTTA SEE YOU!!!

The most wonderful answer and the greatest Hope is the answer to it is the same as Oceans.  The Spirit of God wrapped up as the gift of the Holy Spirit living in us can help us see God 24/7.  God doesn't have a Closed for Vacation sign, Out to Lunch, or even a Away from the Office or Desk.  There's no secretary standing between you to help Him dodge your calls.  God wants to show us him.  He gave us what we need to encounter His presence, to see His glory, to hear His heart, and have unrestricted encounters with Him.  It's in you.  The power to grow in faith.  It's In You.  The power to trust God.  It's In You.  The Desire to See God.  It's In You.  WIll you let it come out is the question?
For His Glory, Will you let it come out?

Love ya'll lots

~AD


No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcya need to know